Police Reports

Michael Arnold Dante Jr. 25, of Mountaintop, was arrested by Patrolman Kevin Stahley on December 17, 2013 on charges of Driving Under the Influence-General Impairment, Driving Under the Influence-.10-.16%, Careless Driving.

In court documents filed on February 12, Patrolman Stahley reported he observed a white 2001 Dodge Ram suddenly stop on South Mountain Blvd. and mount a snowbank in the parking lot of the Burger King on South Mountain Blvd at 12:11 am. The vehicle drove around the parking lot, then went back ontoS. MountainBlvd.,going south. As Patrolman Stahley followed the car, it drifted from the left lane to the right lane several times.

Patrolman Stahley pulled the vehicle over, and asked the driver, Michael Arnold Dante Jr., to produce his cards. Dante Jr. was fumbling around in his wallet. Stahley noticed the smell of alcohol on Dante Jr.’s breath. Dante Jr.’s eyes were glossy and bloodshot, and his speech was slurred. Dante Jr. told Patrolman Stahley that he had three beers at at a local restaurant before being pulled over.

Rice Township Sergeant Harry Ehret arrived to assist Patrolman Stahley. Dante Jr. exited his vehicle and attempted to perform several field sobriety tests, all of which he failed. He was swaying and was unsteady on his feet. He was arrested and taken to Wilkes-Barre General Hospital for a blood test. His Blood Alcohol Concentration was 0.141%, which exceeds the limit of 0.08%.


Allen Dula, 53, of Mountaintop, has been charged with two counts of Defiant Trespass Actual Communication to the Actor, Disorderly Conduct Engage in Fighting, and Reckless Driving by Sergeant Harold Ehret of Rice Township.

According to the Affidavit of Probable Cause, on March 5 Sgt. Ehret was called to respond to the Nelly Travel Plaza for a disorderly man who was yelling at customers and driving recklessly in the parking.

A store employee told Sgt. Ehret that a small black car being driven by Allen Dula came into the parking lot at a high rate of speed and circled the parking lot two times. Dula then approached a customer in a white pickup truck and began yelling at him. Dula got back into his vehicle and left the parking lot at a high rate of speed. He spun his tires, and the employee stated his car actually went side ways.

Dula returned to the parking lot later and drove through at a high rate of speed and then left.

Sgt. Ehret was called again on March 6 to the same location. It was reported Dula was trespassing in the store again but left prior to Sgt. Ehret’s arrival.

Sgt. Ehret was notified that Dula is not to be in the store, located on Nuangola Road. He was informed by an officer and a letter given to him at Magistrate Swank’s office on February 19, 2014. He was notified that Dula was at the store two more times on March 6, and that he left before police arrived.

Dula is currently out on bail.