Police Reports

Wright Township Police Chief Royce Engler reports that on February 22, 2014 at approximately 9:45 pm, Ptlm. Brian Macko responded to a report of two males in the middle of Nuangola Road yelling at vehicles. Ptlm. Macko found one male walking in the middle of the eastbound lane blocking traffic, talking on his cell phone and yelling obscenities.

The males were asked for identification. The first male was identified as 23-year old Chad Solarek, 413 Laurel Run Estates, Laurel Run. The second male was identified as 35-year old William Ray Miller, 127 Searle St., Pittston. Both males were told to calm down but continued to yell obscenities toward the person who dropped them off at the bar and left.

Both Macko and were taken into custody and charged with Public Drunkenness. They were transported back to the Wright Township Police Department and held until a ride came up and picked them up.

Sgt. Philip Holbrook, Fairview Township assisted.


A Mountaintop man was charged with DUI and related charges following a one-car crash on Nuangola Road.

Thomas J Rushton Jr,, 115 Coplay Place, Mountaintop, was charged with Driving Under the Influence, Careless Driving and Restrictions on Alcoholic Beverages on February 26, 2014 by Rice Twp. Sgt. Harry Ehret.

According to the Affidavit of Probable Cause, Sgt. Ehret was dispatched to a one-vehicle crash on Nuangola Road in the area of Ice Harvest Drive. Upon arrival Ehret found a one vehicle crash, vehicle on its side between two trees. The vehicle left the roadway, went down an embankment, hit a large bolder and rolled over, coming to rest between two trees. The officer called for Fire and EMT to respond. He identified the driver as Thomas Rushton who was injured and still trapped in the vehicle. Fire and EMS units arrived and extricated Rushton from the vehicle.

When Rushton was being removed from the vehicle, officers noticed an open bottle of vodka in the vehicle. When Sgt. Ehret was speaking with Rushton in the ambulance, the officer noticed that Rushton’s eyes were bloodshot and glassy and that there was an odor of an alcoholic beverage on Rushton’s breath. At that point, Rushton stated he had been drinking alcohol on this date before the crash.

He was transported to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical center Trauma Unit for medical care. Once at the hospital, Sgt. Ehret stated he gave Rushton his O’Connell warnings and his Miranda rights, and requested he submit to a blood alcohol test. Rushton stated he would submit to a blood test. Blood alcohol test results obtained by the officer were found to be 0.047%.

A preliminary hearing will be set before District Magistrate Ronald Swank.