Magistrate Reports

Thomas Joseph Segeda, 29, of Wapwallopen, was arrested by Pennsylvania State Trooper Michael J. Wienckoski on January 22, 2014 and charged with Criminal Mischief—Damage Property, and Disorderly Conduct Engage in Fighting.

Trooper Wienckoski was called to talk to a victim of vandalism, Joseph James Guziak. Guziak said Segeda, Guziak’s girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend, was texting Guziak saying that someone was going to damage Guziak’s property. When Guziak woke the next morning, he saw that his car was covered in dirt and had dog feces smeared across it. There was a large wood log on the hood of the car near the windshield. Dirt was shoved into the fill pipe for the gas tank, and the passenger side mirror was torn off. All four of the tires were flat and the valve stems were cut off, and the license plate was stolen.

Trooper Wienckoski went to see Segeda, who admitted to the damage. Segeda is scheduled for a Preliminary Hearing on February 12, 2014.

Segeda was arrested again on January 29, 2014 by Patrolman Raymond J. Suda on charges of Criminal Mischief—Damage Property.

According to the Affidavit of Probable Cause, on January 5, 2014, Patrolman Suda arrived at the American Legion Mountaintop Post to respond to a vandalism complaint. Patrolman Suda spoke with Tina Mericle, who stated that the man who vandalized the Legion was a white male, in a grey hoodie, jeans, a green headband, and he had a beard. Another man at the scene, Steve Todorich, said that the man that did it was there with him, and told Patrolman Suda that his name was “Tommy Segeda.” Segeda had left the scene, and was not located until later in the day on January 5, 2014, walking up Nuangola Road. Tina Mericle identified him as the man who damaged the sink.

The sink in the bathroom was knocked off of the wall, but did not appear to be broken. However, the water pipe and wall mounts were broken. The total cost for repairs to the damage was $802.86, including parts and labor.

Segeda is currently awaiting a preliminary hearing on this latest charge.


Sean Patrick Rossick, 19, was charged by Patrolman David Winsock and Chief Royce Engler on January 30, 2014 with Harrassment—Communicating in Lewd, Threatening, Etc. Language, Harrassment—Communicating Repeatedly in Anonymous Manner, Harrassment—Communicating Repeatedly and Inconvenient Hours, Stalking—Repeatedly Commit Acts to Cause Fear, and Stalking— Repeatedly Communicate to Cause Fear.

According to the Affidavit of Probable Cause, a 17-year old girl contacted police, saying that she was receiving harassing voicemails from an unknown number with a male’s voice. The calls began on January 3, 2014. She received on January 28, 2014 at approximately 4:22 pm, while she was working and let the call go to voicemail. The message left was a male voice telling her to come out to the parking lot, and if she can’t she could come to Memorial Park in Fairview Township at 9:30 pm, along with Sean Rossick and another employee at the victim’s place of employment. The calls and voicemails continued until January 29, 2014, and during this period of time, 16 voicemails were left on the victim’s cell phone. The calls were traced to Rossick’s number, and Rossick sent the victim a text message on January 29, at 5:20 pm, in which he admitted that he was the one calling the victim. On January 30, 2014, Chief Engler joined Patrolman Winsock at Rossick’s address, and spoke with Rossick. Rossick admitted to calling the victim and leaving the voicemails from January 3, 2014 to January 29, 2014. Rossick was arraigned on January 30, 2014, and has a preliminary hearing scheduled for February 5, 2014.