In celebration of Women’s Health Month, Donna Yuscavage, RN, BSN, CDE, coordinator of Triangle Pharmacy’s Self-Management Program will present A Woman’s Guide to Diabetes at the Marian Sutherland Kirby Library.
According to the American Diabetes Association:
• Nearly 26 million children and adults in the United Sates have diabetes.
• 79 million Americans have prediabetes.
• 1.9 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes every year.
• As many as 1 in 3 American adults will have diabetes in 2050 if present trends continue.
• Diabetes kills more Americans every year than AIDS and breast cancer combined.
Women with diabetes experience trials and tribulations that are unique to their gender. The presentation will include discussion on diabetes prevention and management basics that are specific to women’s issues. The program will be held on Tuesday, May 27 at 6:00 at 35 Kirby Ave., Mountaintop. Registration may be done by visiting the library or by calling 570-474-9313. The program is free and open to the public.